Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sorry I've been MIA since last week. I had a busy weekend with the FI and then had a busy first half of the week at work.

The weekend update goes like this. FI was supposed to fly in Friday night for our engagement party on Saturday night. He got delayed repeatedly due to storms in the Chicago area and finally arrived at 11am Saturday morning. We missed our Friday night together, but at least he made it for our engagement party. How embarrassing would it have been to be sans FI at OUR party. The party was great! My friends really out did themselves. The dress was cute, but I felt like I looked like a table cloth. Also, if the angle was right, I looked as big as a table. I would post pictures, but I don't think they turned out exceptionally well (see the statement about looking like a table). I don't have a problem sharing pictures of us, I just can't find that many cute ones (where we both look good). Hopefully we'll get some good ones when we go to Jamaica. The good thing that came from the shots of me looking like a beached whale is that I need to start working out more often. After many years of being super skinny and watching what I eat very carefully, I've discovered I really like food....good food. I'm not willing to starve myself, so I guess I have no other choice by to work harder.

Anyway, back to the weekend. The Friday night we lost due to storms was made up for on Sunday night, again due to storms. We finally got to play the 80's edition Trivial Pursuit he got me for my birthday last year. Yes, I love trivia, but have never been able to beat the FI. Let's face it, if there were a trivia game dedicated to clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories and brand knowledge, I would beat the pants off of him. Oh well.

Hope you're having a good week.

No comments: