Monday, December 21, 2009
"I've loved you since the day I first saw you. I love you now. I will love you for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?" Yep, those are the exact words my now husband said to me the night we got engage. I've got a good one, wouldn't you agree?
Friday, December 11, 2009
- Several trips to NC in November.
- One trip was over Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving was very good. Time with almost all of my family - my second to oldest sister was in Florida. We'll be venturing to Michigan for Christmas to spend time with his parents. Who knows, maybe we'll have a white Christmas. Yes, I said Christmas, not holiday.
- My husband, one of my sisters and myself helped my parents around the house all weekend. They're getting a little older and it is just physically impossible for them to manage the upkeep of a house.
- My dear, dear husband spend 2.5 days in their yard cleaning things up and taking them to the trash dump. We're not done yet.
- My sister and I spend 2.5 days in their kitchen....painting everything in sight. Yes, you see, it's been 33 years since they updated their kitchen - excluding appliances. We painted the cabinets white, the moldings and pretty much everything else white. We're going to paint the wall a yellow - beige. We're also gifting a new floor to them for Christmas. We also organized all of their cabinets and helped them get rid of things they didn't need. Are anyone else's parents a little on the pack rat side? They do love their stuff. And again, we're not done. I'll be there next weekend helping to finish so they can walk through the kitchen without stepping on their cabinet doors.
- My husband and I went to Atlanta on another house hunting weekend. To our surprise, we actually found something we really like and are now under contract. It was the best house we've seen. And OK, so it's not in Atlanta. It's in Marietta. Which is a really great area to be in. Once we get a little further along and the inspection is over (it's tomorrow) I'll post some pics.
So there's a recap of the haps, peeps. Like I said, it's been busy. I am soooo happy though.
Have a good weekend bloggie friends.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
When I got back, I had Monday to get ready for another trip. It was off to Dallas this time for a video shoot for web videos. That went well and I got back on Thursday night. Then it was off to Atlanta this past Tuesday for a marketing conference at our corporate office. I got back last night. Like I said, it's been a busy few weeks.
As for the weekend....tonight it's dinner and bowling with friends. Can't wait. I'm so excited. I love bowling and haven't been in awhile. Tomorrow...who knows. Maybe a walk, a little shopping and some thank you note writing. Yes, I admit, I'm one of those brides that waits six months to get the thank you's out. Shameful, I know. But at least I'm writing them.
I still have some wedding recapping to do, so maybe I can do that as well this weekend. Then it's off to NC on Monday.
I'll check in soon. Hope ya'll have had a good few weeks.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Here's the recipe from Kraft (my revisions are in bold)
Chicken with Chipotle Cream Sauce
What You Need!
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter - I used 1/4 stick so it reduced the calories and fat
4 bone-in chicken breast halves (2 lb.) - I used boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken, about six pieces
2 medium onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
6 large cloves garlic, minced - I used about eight
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream - Use light sour cream-it taste the same
1/4 cup canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (4 to 6 peppers)
1/2 cup small stuffed green olives
3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley - I skipped this as I don't really like parsley
MELT butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
ADD onions and garlic; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook an additional 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through (180°F). Remove chicken to platter; cover to keep warm.
STIR sour cream, chipotle peppers and olives into skillet. Cook, uncovered, 10 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with the parsley.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Tailgating - yay bloody mary's and hot chocolate with Baily's - good food - great friends - corn hole = one happy girl. This should be fun...except for the rain. Cold, no problem. Wet and cold could equal on unhappy girl. Oh well, you take it as it comes. Should be a great time.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
I am now working from my home office (when I don't have to travel back to NC) with my same company. After returning from our honeymoon, the hubs and I decided that the best thing for both of us would be for me to move to TN - with or without a job. So, in June after the papers were signed and all complete with the sale of my house, I approached my boss to see if he would be willing to let me move to TN and work from home. It took him a while to decide...so long in fact, that during the time he was "evaluating" the situation, our parent corp. announced the office would be relocating to Atlanta, we had a new president and three new VP's - including my boss - which was one of the VP's that got replaced. So, the process began again. Luckily, my new VP didn't take so long in deciding and gave me the go ahead within in a week. So, at the end of July, this NC girl became a TN resident...but only for a short while. When offer letters came out at the end of August, guess who got one. That's right...this chick right here. Long story short, the opportunity is too good to pass up. Although I said I would never move there, we are going to pack up yet again and move. If you're keeping count, that three times in one year. So...Atlanta here we come. There have been some that say we will move again since we are a young couple and just got married. We say....if that happens....we're moving to the coast.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I'm in love.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
This online portfolio shows your style. Brought to life in rooms. A subtle mix of furniture, accessories, and attitude. Different “looks.” Because every home should be unique.
They also offered up this as an alternative:
So many beautiful looks, so little time. It’s normal to love more than one design style. Check out your first runner-up—Loft. Loft is energetic. Fashion-driven. Practical.
What's your style. Take the quiz here.
Monday, March 23, 2009
I hope you have a fantastic start to your work week.
61 days and counting until this Ms. becomes a Mrs. I can't wait!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
It is with very heavy hearts that we say farewell. Over the last 4 years, in 28 issues, we have done our best to create a great magazine. We started with a real idea—that style is for everyone—and tried to carry it out with stories that provide inspiration and empower you to act on it. From your tremendous response, we know that we were onto something. In this tough economy, however, we simply weren't able to get the advertising support we needed.
As domino evolved, we never lost sight of our original democratic premise. Looking back at the manifesto we published in the premiere issue, the first tenet of domino is still the truest: Home should make you happy. We hope we have played a part in making this come true for you.
Love,All the editors of domino