Monday, October 26, 2009

Medi/Mexi

Tonight I made a really good meal for me and the hubby. It was a cross between Mediterranean and Mexican or at least that's the way it seems to me. I haven't ever tried a combination like this before so I'm deeming it medi/mexi since it had both green olives (Mediterranean) and chipotle in adobo sauce (Mexican). I really liked it and we'll be having it again. Um, yum...can you say caramelized onions and garlic. It was a good recipe for chicken since it's really not my favorite meat - it tends to be too thick and too dry sometimes...and maybe a little chewy. But this was yummy and too good not to pass along. One caveat to though, it is a little spicy, so be careful with the peppers.

Here's the recipe from Kraft (my revisions are in bold)
Chicken with Chipotle Cream Sauce
What You Need!
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter - I used 1/4 stick so it reduced the calories and fat
4 bone-in chicken breast halves (2 lb.) - I used boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken, about six pieces
2 medium onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
6 large cloves garlic, minced - I used about eight
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream - Use light sour cream-it taste the same
1/4 cup canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (4 to 6 peppers)
1/2 cup small stuffed green olives
3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley - I skipped this as I don't really like parsley
Make It!
MELT butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
ADD onions and garlic; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook an additional 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through (180°F). Remove chicken to platter; cover to keep warm.
STIR sour cream, chipotle peppers and olives into skillet. Cook, uncovered, 10 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with the parsley.

1 comment:

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I'm making this for dinner tomorrow!