- Several trips to NC in November.
- One trip was over Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving was very good. Time with almost all of my family - my second to oldest sister was in Florida. We'll be venturing to Michigan for Christmas to spend time with his parents. Who knows, maybe we'll have a white Christmas. Yes, I said Christmas, not holiday.
- My husband, one of my sisters and myself helped my parents around the house all weekend. They're getting a little older and it is just physically impossible for them to manage the upkeep of a house.
- My dear, dear husband spend 2.5 days in their yard cleaning things up and taking them to the trash dump. We're not done yet.
- My sister and I spend 2.5 days in their kitchen....painting everything in sight. Yes, you see, it's been 33 years since they updated their kitchen - excluding appliances. We painted the cabinets white, the moldings and pretty much everything else white. We're going to paint the wall a yellow - beige. We're also gifting a new floor to them for Christmas. We also organized all of their cabinets and helped them get rid of things they didn't need. Are anyone else's parents a little on the pack rat side? They do love their stuff. And again, we're not done. I'll be there next weekend helping to finish so they can walk through the kitchen without stepping on their cabinet doors.
- My husband and I went to Atlanta on another house hunting weekend. To our surprise, we actually found something we really like and are now under contract. It was the best house we've seen. And OK, so it's not in Atlanta. It's in Marietta. Which is a really great area to be in. Once we get a little further along and the inspection is over (it's tomorrow) I'll post some pics.
So there's a recap of the haps, peeps. Like I said, it's been busy. I am soooo happy though.
Have a good weekend bloggie friends.